Thursday 6 December 2007

Controller

Since I have my laptop I had to walk around my game with the keyboard. This is not easy when your used to using a game pad for this for 2 months, so I went out and bought a game pad today. I ended up buying an xbox 360 pad for windows, chose this because I kinda like the xbox controller anyway. The only thing is that the xbox controllers need a massive dead zone, and you can't calibrate it out with the windows controller options. So I had to code this out, although the main code is the same as a normal controller the buttons and axis on a xbox controller are different, so that required a new class. Only I made some stupid mistakes like returning the value for moving left or right on the left thumb stick instead of the up down value. That cost me two hours of work to figure out. Well I finally have it working.
It beats the shit out of moving around with the keyboard it's a lot easier and smother you will probably notice that in the next movie I put up. If i got time to make another movie because the deadline to hand it in is Friday next week, and i still have a lot to do.

No comments: