Friday 19 October 2007

Camera

The camera is finally working. It now pitches up and down as specified and rolls and even yaws the correct way.
The only problem I know still need to fix is the movement of the camera. As it now only moves along this axis (0,0,z). It needs to move in the direction we are looking at.

It's good I am writing this blog cause it gives me time to think about my problems and come up with a solution while writing.

For the movement I am going to need a direction vector thats giving me the direction I am traveling in. If we transform this direction vector to the way we rolled, yawed or pitched we are moving in the right direction.

Here is a screen shot of how the scene looks today.

Edit it's been a few days since I posted this and my camera is still not working. If I needed to do this in DirectX it would have worked in an hour. I hate OpenGL for not having a notion like a camera.

No comments: