Thursday 25 October 2007

Textures Work


It's coming along nicely yesterday i finished my Bounding Boxes so we can start to implement a collision detection algorithm in a few days.
Today I got textures working, it took me a whole day where I was expecting it would only take 30 minutes maximum. OpenGL is where things get really different from DirectX which I am used to0. I like the D3DX function for loading a texture more, at least they build the mipmaps for you. Here if i forget a call to gluBuild2DMipMaps things wont even show a texture.
Here is a screen shot of the state my project is in now.
The next thing to do is let my map file include which textures where to use. Step after that will be add Normals to the map file so the Fixed Function lights will work. So much work to do and so little time to do it in.

No comments: