Sunday 28 October 2007

Textures work continued

I redesigned the how the textures work, in the previous design I just loaded them straight from file to a texture in system. I added a texturemanager that checks if the texture hasn't been already loaded, if it has it doesn't load the file again. The program still has to ask the texturemanager if the file already exists otherwise it will just be loaded. Hmmz that's actually a good point to improve on if i have time later on. Now i need to fix my map file or face creater again because the map isn't loaded correctly. And I think I have a nasty little bug in it, because if CPU usage goes to 45 to 50% on a dual core system it crashes. I mean control will no longer respond although if you hit the cross the program exits without a failure.

Some screen shots follow below. The screen shots include fullscreen textured and wireframe and the windowed versions. The yellow polygons seen in the screen shot is the way the the map should look.

No comments: