Tuesday 27 November 2007

Laptop Confirmation

Today I got the confirmation for my laptop, it will arrive at Laptops4u tomorrow or Thursday and then they will ship it to me. Next week I'll have my new laptop, finally i can work at home on my ACW. Too bad it's due in two and a half weeks, still might enable me to get shaders to work in the 2 weeks remaining. As of now I have texturing and point lights working through vertex and pixel shaders. Spot lights are hard to implement in shaders. The problem with shaders is they are not debug-able which makes it kinda hard to write them. Although the result is a lot nicer than the fixed function pipeline behavior. Planes can now consist of 4 vertices's and still light will look good on em instead of the hundreds of points I am using now.
Here is another particle system effect:

No comments: