Wednesday 21 November 2007

Lasers and Scorchmarks

In the last two days I revised the switches they now look a lot sharper, added lasers and their scorch marks. While doing the scorch marks I also figured out why multi texturing wasn't working, OpenGL demands two vectors or arrays of texture coordinates. So we can't reuse the texture coordinates from one stage to use in the next stage, which is a pain. Or if some one knows how to please let me know because that would make things look so much nicer. As for now the only place I use multi texturing is in the scorch marks, they have a color and an alpha map. There is still something wrong with them as the are effected by the material of a laser, although before I start drawing them I reset the material.

On a side note I ordered a shiny new laptop last week a ASUS g1s. It still hasn't arrived but it should do in the end of this week or beginning of next. This machine is the most money I have ever spend on a PC or Laptop. It's gonna be sweet to have it though means I can go home earlier in the day and work at home instead of being in the labs all the time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Patser :P. But having a good laptop dont mean you win with RA2 during the Christmas lan.

Walter Heck said...

leuk bakje wel, ik heb ongeveer hetzelfde maar dan van Toshiba. Verrekt dure grap maar het schopt wel kont!